The American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM) is a professional, medical society representing more than 2,000 physicians dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of individuals, families, communities and populations through disease prevention and health promotion.
Preventive medicine physicians save lives, create healthier communities, and transform our healthcare system.
ACPM provides a dynamic forum for the exchange of knowledge and practice advancement for preventive medicine specialists. The College offers high-quality continuing medical education, resources for ongoing professional development, and networking opportunities and advocate for the important role of preventive medicine in our healthcare system.
With an expertise in population health, preventive medicine physicians bridge the divide between public health and clinical practice. ACPM members apply their expertise to improve the health of large populations and address today’s biggest health care challenges.
Preventive medicine physicians work in a variety of settings, including state and local health departments, Fortune 100 companies, health systems and all levels of government.
The mission of ACPM is to represent and support preventive medicine physicians in their role as public health and health systems leaders. To do this, the College:
- Advances the practice of preventive medicine throughout public health and health systems;
- Demonstrates the value of preventive medicine as critical to health and health care and to averting health crises;
- Develops and provides educational programs for preventive medicine physicians and our colleagues in prevention;
- Advocates for preventive medicine and preventive medicine physicians in health systems and health policy;
- Fosters and facilitates career opportunities for preventive medicine physicians; and
- Assures the availability of high-quality residency training of preventive medicine physicians in sufficient numbers to meet national needs.
Public health and health systems value the leadership role of preventive medicine to promote healthy lifestyles and population health.
April 18-21, 2024