Several opportunities for scholarship funding are available due to the generous contributions of ACPM members who have committed to advance the specialty of preventive medicine, recruit the next generation of preventive medicine leaders and support early-career physicians. Learn more and apply below for opportunities available to Resident and Student members.
Submissions now open!
Jacob and Heather Adams Resident Scholarship
Through the Adams’ Resident Scholarship Fund, ACPM resident members from a preventive medicine program (or combined program) will be recognized for early contributions to the specialty and the College. Funding will be provided to selected individuals to help cover expenses for attending and participating in the ACPM annual meeting.
Applications for the scholarship close on January 29.
- Current ACPM Resident Member
- Resident in a preventive medicine residency program (combined programs accepted)
- Demonstrated interest in getting involved in the College and advancing the field of preventive medicine and public health
- Commitment to join one ACPM committee/task force, as needed
- Commitment to provide a testimonial on “What participation in the ACPM annual conference means to me…”
- Letter of recommendation
A number of factors will be considered when reviewing submission letters. Applicants should use the submission letter to highlight these areas, if applicable:
- Hardship for travel and funding
- Details on submitted or scheduled oral presentations or scientific poster at the ACPM annual conference
- Moderator participation at the conference
- Involvement in the College (i.e., service on an ACPM committee or task group)
- Community engagement to support preventive medicine and public health
This scholarship was generously established by Dr. (Michael) Jacob Adams, MD, MPH, FACPM, and reflects his desire to support resident education, particularly in epidemiology and patient safety research, and continued scientific presentations at the ACPM annual conference.
Medical Students Scholarship
If you are a medical student interested in learning more about the specialty of preventive medicine, attending ACPM’s annual conference is a must! PM2024 gives students the opportunity to interact with leaders in the field and learn more about the significant impact preventive medicine physicians make every day in both clinical medicine and public health.
Attending a professional conference can be expensive for a medical student, and ACPM is excited to announce a limited number of $1,000 scholarships that are available specifically to support your attendance at PM2024. These scholarships are made possible through the generosity of ACPM members who have donated specifically to help support and nurture the next generation of preventive medicine physicians.
- Must be an ACPM Student member.
- Complete the Medical Student Scholarship application.
- Submit a brief cover letter with a personal statement that highlights what participation in the ACPM annual conference means to you.
- Upload a letter of recommendation with your application.
Applications for the scholarships close on January 29.
April 18-21, 2024